Taking Privacy Seriously
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell, share or use your personal information other than as described here.
Last updated: 13.01.2021
22 Century Design Ltd is a Design & Marketing Studio. This policy relates to users of 22 Century Design Ltd. Processing of your data is required in order to offer you these services. This policy applies to individuals who have registered with 22 Century Design Ltd as either a customer, user, administrator, or in any other capacity.
It applies to all data that the company holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the DPA and GDPR.
This can include:
- Business name
- Location data
- An online identifier
- Job title
- Business email address
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Home address
- Home telephone number
- Personal email address
This section describes the lawful basis for processing your data and applies to the information about yourself that you choose to provide us with or that you allow us to collect. This includes (as a customer):
- Information you provide during the enquiry process
- Information you provide when you create campaigns
- Information you provide in the form of number data, messages or meta-data
- Information we collect about how you use the website
- Information relating to purchases and other transactions
- Information given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers (for tax purposes). In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information. We may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your account data may be collected, stored and processed using third parties that may operate outside the EU. Your data will be stored as described here or until you request removal of your personal data from our system. Please note that we will be unable to carry out your request to be removed if there is still an open transaction against your account. In order to provide updates and offers that may be of interest to you we use recognised third parties to manage our company accounts and provide banking services. We will store transactions, payment (this does not include payment card data) and order data for up to 7 years or for as long as required by UK financial and company regulations.
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
Specifically, this may include:
- Administering finance (e.g. fees, contracts and payments)
- Providing support services
- Providing, IT and information services
- Managing accounts
- Carrying out research and statistical analysis
- Providing operational information
- Promoting /marketing our products and services
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us.
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- If you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
- In each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us, or third parties, to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by emailing us. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We are a data controller. In relation to the information that you provide to us, we are legally responsible for how that information is handled. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (2018) in the way we use and share your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- Fairly and lawfully
- As set out in the legislation and this policy
- To the extent necessary for these purposes
We will process your personal data ourselves as the data processor. We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information that you supply.
22 Century Design Ltd may from time to time use your information for marketing, account management or relationship management purposes. The main purpose of this is to provide you with information about goods and services which we think may be of interest to you and/or to maintain any existing relationship we may have with you.
Your data is not shared with any third parties other than as described here.
- The data you submit during an enquiry about our services
- By giving consent during your enquiry to send you marketing information about goods and services that they think you may be interested in, as well as account management or relationship management purposes
In addition we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table above:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We will report any breaches or potential breaches to the appropriate authorities within 24 hours and to anyone affected by a breach within 72 hours.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
If you have any queries or concerns about your data usage please contact us.